Notes From The Nurse
Please be assured that your child’s health information will be kept in the strictest confidence in accordance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA). Health information is only shared with staff members directly involved in your child’s education who may need to know this information to maintain his/her health and safety.
Promoting and supporting children’s health so they can achieve academic success is our goal. If ever you have a question, please call us, we would be happy to assist you.
Is My Child Too Sick for School?
Here are some guidelines to help you decide whether your child should stay home:
If you do question whether to send a child to school, please call the office and ask to speak to the nurse. We would be happy to check on them during the day.
- Colds – if your child has uncontrollable coughing or seems very tired and needs bed rest, keep him at home as this will interfere with his performance at school.
- Diarrhea – your child needs to be FREE OF DIARRHEA for 24 hours before returning to school.
- Fever – your child needs to be FEVER FREE (less than 100 F), WITHOUT fever-reducing medication, for 24 hours.
- Strep Throat – your child can return to school after 24 hours of antibiotics and FEVER FREE(less than 100 F), WITHOUT fever-reducing medication, for 24 hours.
- Vomiting – your child needs to be FREE OF VOMITING for 24 hours before returning to school.
- Conjunctivitis (pink-eye) – your child may return to school after 24 hours of medication. If your child has yellow or green drainage from his eyes, you should consult your physician.
- Lice – your child may return to school after treating with a lice-killing hair product, ridding the hair of live lice and nits.
- Impetigo – your child may return to school after 24 hours of treatment.
- Rashes – your child’s physician should be consulted before returning to school with a suspicious rash.
AW High School
|AW Junior High
Libby Gagen, RN, BSN, LSN
|Waterville Primary School
Valerie Bradfield RN, BSN
Fallen Timbers Middle School
Amy Baburek, RN, MS, CPNP
Whitehouse Primary School
Laura Soeder, RN, BSN