Waterville Parents Association
Waterville Parents' Association
The WPA is a very active parent support group that assists with the educational and social needs of our children at Waterville Primary School. We are looking forward to another successful year and we are hoping you will be able to be involved with as many activities and projects as your time allows. The WPA supports our school, teachers and children in many ways. Some of our activities, educational support and fundraisers include:
|*Donuts for Dads||*Toledo Zoo|
|*The Winter Ball||*Bowling with Boys|
|*Fundraising Activities||*Movie Night|
|•Box Tops||*Muffins for Mom|
|•Labels for Education||*Birthday Books|
|•Target||*Secret Santa Shopping Days|
|•Restaurant Night Out||*Special Guests/Assemblies|
|•Red Robin||*Spring Spectacular|
|•Fall, Winter and Spring Book Fairs||*Student Directory|
|*Spirit Wear||*Walk-To-School Days|
We invite all parents to come to WPA meetings for more information on how to get involved and be an active participant in your child’s school-life. Please contact any WPA officer, the office staff or your child’s teacher for more information.
Waterville Parents' Association Meetings
All meetings are held at 7:00 p.m. in the Waterville Primary School Library. Light refreshments served.
*Click on the date for a link to the minutes recorded and handouts given at the meeting.
WPA Sponsored Projects
Donuts for Dads
- Fathers or special guests and their children get to share a donut and socialize before school. Runs in conjunction with the fall book fair.
A Winter's Ball
- Fun-filled evening of dancing and treats for girls and their dads or special guest. Moms encouraged to volunteer for this event.
The Toledo Zoo
- Our students experience the exciting and educational visit from the Toledo Zoo right in the classroom.
Bowling with Boys
- Fun-filled evening of activities for moms or special guest to share with their sons. Dads encouraged to volunteer for this event.
Movie Night – We hold five-six Movie Nights in a school year. We play a movie that will be announced on the sign up sheets. You will have the opportunity to send your child for a fun night of movie a
- Waterville students may watch a movie and have a snack in the community room on a Friday night.
Muffins for Moms
- Mothers or special guests and their children get to share a muffin and socialize before school. Runs in conjunction with the spring book fair.
Book Fairs – Scholastic books bring in books that are sold for discounted prices to parents, students, and school personnel.
Secret Santa Shopping Days
- Busy elves work hard all year to provide a gift shop for the students to pick out a gift for every family member during the holiday season. Volunteers help children shop and each gift is less than $3. Pictures with Santa and Mrs. Claus offered.
- WPA will help with different events that may come up.
- Fun-filled day of bounce houses, carnival games and prizes. Runs in conjunction with track-and-field day.
- To promote fitness and getting to know your neighbors. Volunteer parents, school staff and faculty meet at various locations in the neighborhoods near the school and walk together to school. Different themes for each day and parents encouraged to walk and/or volunteer.
- The WPA collects photos of events throughout the year to include with the student pictures for a great keepsake.
o Box Tops – Collected and redeemed for cash for our school.
o Labels for Education – Collected and redeemed for cash for our school.
o Amazon Smile - Visit smile.amazon.com, select Waterville Parents Association and use it each time you shop Amazon to help raise money for our school. www.smile.amazon.com/ch223969836
o Restaurant Night Out – local area restaurants will donate a percentage of their sales to the WPA on a pre-determined night. Usually held once a month.
o Kroger Community Rewards - Use your registered Kroger Rewards Card and earn cash for our school. Set it up using Waterville Parents Association NPO number 95152.
o Red Robin - Join the Red Robin Royalty anbd earn money for the school every time you eat at Red Robin!
o Target - Take charge of Education and reward your school. Designate Waterville Primary School (school ID 84563) in the Take Charge of Education program, then use your Target card when shopping at Target.
o Little Caesars - Biggest fundraiser of the year! Kids ask friends and family to purchase Little Caesars Pizza kits. Prizes awarded for top seller, and top classroom. Assembly held after the event to celebrate kids making their fundraising goal, such as having staff/faculty kiss a frog, get made into a sundae, having staff silly string the principal and dean, being duct-taped to a wall, the fun is endless. Funds raised are used to provide the resources to put on all the other WPA events and activities as well as towards a special project or school need. Some examples are; the shade screen and water fountain on the playground, Smart Boards, Chrome Computer Carts, and rock walls to name a few.
o Fall, Winter and Spring Book Fairs – Scholastic Book Fairs are presented in the gym with a percentage of the profits and/or books going right to the WPA or our library.
o Spirit Wear – Fun Waterville Primary School merchandise available for purchase. Forms sent home with students a few times a year.