Welcome to Anthony Wayne Schools
All new student enrollment forms are completed online.
Please CLICK HERE if you are enrolling a new student for the 2016-17 school year .
This link is for new student enrollment for the current (2016-17) school year only. If you wish to enroll a new student for next school year (2017-18), please return to this web page in early February and the link will be available.
After you complete the online enrollment form, you are required to bring the following documentation to our Central Administrative Office at 9565 Bucher Road, Whitehouse, Ohio. Your child’s enrollment is not considered complete, and your child will not be assigned to a class or bus transportation, until we receive the following:
◆ Proof of the child’s age (birth certificate, passport, attested transcript of a hospital record)
◆ Proof of Residency We will accept one of the following:
- Two current utility bills in your name (gas, electric, water, cable TV, propane, trash removal, etc.)
- Purchase agreement with closing date; or a settlement statement; and a utility bill in your name within 30 days
- Lease/rental agreement in your name; and a utility bill in your name within 30 days
- A copy of your contract to build a house, along with a letter from builder stating that you will be able to occupy the house within 90 days from admission date. You will be required to transport your child to and from school until you occupy the new house.
- Residency Affidavit (for parents who do not have a lease or utility bills in their name, but whose legal residence is with a homeowner or leaseholder in the District)
◆ Proof of Custody
- If the child’s parents are divorced, you must provide a copy of the complete court document (divorce/dissolutionment decree, shared parenting agreement, or other court determination of custody) including the cover page with filed/date stamp, page stating legal custodial/residential parent, and judge’s signature page (RC 3313.672 (B)(1)).
- If legal custody is being established or changed, the petitioner has sixty (60) days from the date of enrollment to produce a signed Journal Entry of Judgment establishing a change in custody. In order for your child to be enrolled in Anthony Wayne Schools during this waiting period, you must provide a copy of the filed/date stamped motion petitioning the court for a change in custody, and sign an affidavit stating that a custody change is in progress.
- If someone other than the parent has been given legal guardianship or custody of the child, you must provide a copy of the court order transferring custody.
- The general rule in Ohio is that an unmarried female who gives birth to a child is the sole residential parent and legal custodian of the child until a court issues an order designating another person as the residential parent and legal custodian (RC 3109.042). In such cases, the mother will be asked to sign an affidavit stating that she was not married to the father, and that legal custody of the child has not been assigned to either parent by the court.
◆ Current Immunization Records
◆ School Records We will request your child’s official records from their previous school; however, it is helpful if you provide an unofficial transcript or the child’s most recent report card, and Special Education records (IEP, ETR, 504 Plan) if applicable.
◆ Parent’s Photo Identification (driver’s license/military ID/state ID)
Please contact the district Enrollment Coordinator at 419-877-5377 or email email@example.com if you have any questions about the enrollment process.
If you don’t have a computer or internet access, call 419-877-5377 to make an appointment at the Central Administrative Office at 9565 Bucher Road, Whitehouse, Ohio, where a computer is available for you to enroll your child online.