Monclova Area Parents
This link is to introduce you to MAPS
and to inform you about some of the things that MAPS does for your student, the school,
teachers and families of Monclova Elementary. Click a tab below to get started.
Monclova Area Parents (MAPS)
Feel free to contact us with any questions.
The monthly meetings are held in the library of the school.
Babysitting is provided.
September 12th 11:00-1:00 MAPS Luncheon
*This meeting is held at the historic Monclova Community Center next door to the school. Babysitting is provided.
Guest speakers include Dr. Fritz and Mrs. Murry.
This is a voting and informative Meeting
October 10th - 7:00 pm
November 14th - 7:00 pm
February 13th - 7:00 pm
March 13th - 7:00 pm
April 17th - 7:00 pm - Voting Meeting
May 8th - 6:30 pm - Dinner Out
We hope you will join us and get involved with MAPS!
10/3: Jim Basketball Jones
10/9-10/13: Book Fair
10/11-10/12: Donuts for Dads
10/19: Fundraiser Delivery
10/20: Movie Night
11/13: Candid pics
11/17: Movie Night
12/4: Barnes & Noble Night
12/?: Hero’s Night
12/6-12/8: Secret Santa
1/19: Movie Night
1/21: Mother Son Glow Bowling
1/25-1/26: Imagination Station
2/?: Hero’s Night
3/2: Movie Night
4/17-4/19: Spring Book Fair
4/18-4/19: Muffins for Moms
4/27: Father/Daughter Dance
5/2: Blood Drive
5/7-5/11: Teacher Appreciation Week
5/18: Family Fun Night/Silent Auction
5/31: Last Day Blast
5/?: 4th Grade Party
In addition to the annual spending done by MAPS, we further support the school to buy items that are only needed periodically. Examples of items that MAPS has purchased for the school this past year are as follows:
Student field trips
Tables for special events
IPAD cart and class set of IPADS
MAPS Special Events
The MAPS volunteers coordinate and sponsor many wonderful events and activities for the children and their families. Examples of these include:
- Secret Santa - all the children get to shop for their family at school. All items are only $1.00.
- Muffins for Moms - students and moms/significant females come to school and have breakfast with them.
- Donuts for Dads - students and dads/significant males come to school and have breakfast with them.
- Family Fun Night - the entire family can come and enjoy a fun evening that includes a magic show, clowns, carnival games, moon walks, ice cream and more...at no cost!
- Last Day Blast - on the last day of school the kids get to visit stations with games, activities, crafts, etc.
- Movie Night - one Friday night from October through March students come in their pajamas and bring sleeping bags and watch a movie in the community room.
- Mother/Son & Father/Daughter Events
- Fall & Spring Book Fairs
So please get involved . . . come to a meeting . . . and learn more! Call an officer and
inquire – we are happy to answer any questions you may have. Please join us! We want your input!
It is a great opportunity for you to meet other parents and
help your children’s school.
Please "Like" and "Follow" us on our Facebook page for information and updates on MAPS events at MAPS-Monclova Area Parents