Monclova Area Parents
This link is to introduce you to MAPS
and to inform you about some of the things that MAPS does for your student, the school,
teachers and families of Monclova Elementary. Click a tab below to get started.
Monclova Area Parents (MAPS)
The monthly meetings are held in the library of the school.
Babysitting is provided.
September 6th 11:00-1:00 MAPS Luncheon
*This meeting is held at the historic Monclova Community Center next door to the school. Babysitting is provided.
Guest speakers include Dr. Fritz and Mrs. Murry.
This is a voting and informative Meeting
October 11th - 7:00 pm
November 1st - 7:00 pm
February 7th - 7:00 pm
April 11th - 7:00 pm - Voting Meeting
May 9th - 6:30pm - Dinner Out
We hope you will join us and get involved with MAPS!
October 7 Movie Night
October 10-14 Fall Book Fair
October 12 & 13 Donuts for Dads
November 4 Movie Night
November 12 Mother/Son Event
December Barnes & Noble Night - TBD
December Hero's Night - TBD
December 7-9 Secret Santa
January 20 Movie Night
February Hero's Night - TBD
- March 3rd Movie Night
April 11-13 Spring Book Fair
April 12 & 13 Muffins for Moms
April 21 Father/Daughter Dance
May 5 Family Fun Night/Silent Auction
May 26 Last Day Blast
In addition to the annual spending done by MAPS, we further support the school to buy items that are only needed periodically. Examples of items that MAPS has purchased for the school this past year are as follows:
Student field trips
Tables for special events
IPAD cart and class set of IPADS
MAPS Special Events
The MAPS volunteers coordinate and sponsor many wonderful events and activities for the children and their families. Examples of these include:
- Secret Santa - all the children get to shop for their family at school. All items are only $1.00.
- Muffins for Moms - students and moms/significant females come to school and have breakfast with them.
- Donuts for Dads - students and dads/significant males come to school and have breakfast with them.
- Family Fun Night - the entire family can come and enjoy a fun evening that includes a magic show, clowns, carnival games, moon walks, ice cream and more...at no cost!
- Last Day Blast - on the last day of school the kids get to visit stations with games, activities, crafts, etc.
- Movie Night - one Friday night from October through March students come in their pajamas and bring sleeping bags and watch a movie in the community room.
- Mother/Son & Father/Daughter Events
- Fall & Spring Book Fairs
So please get involved . . . come to a meeting . . . and learn more! Call an officer and
inquire – we are happy to answer any questions you may have. Please join us! We want your input!
It is a great opportunity for you to meet other parents and
help your children’s school.
Please "Like" and "Follow" us on our Facebook page for information and updates on MAPS events at MAPS-Monclova Area Parents